[R-sig-Geo] Centroids and getSpPPolygonsLabptSlots

Agustin Lobo Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
Mon Oct 29 18:53:08 CET 2007

I have just incidentally learned in the sp doc that
getSpPPolygonsLabptSlots() actually retrieves the coordinates
of the centroids. The index page of the sp doc just states:
getSpPPolygonsLabptSlots 	Class "SpatialPolygonsDataFrame"

adding a mention to the fact that getSpPPolygonsLabptSlots retrieves the
coordinates of the centroids would be very helpful. Previously, I
thought I had to convert to a PBSmapping object and use calcCentroid().

Agus

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
email: Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster