[R-sig-Geo] image display of rgdal-imported color composite image

Agustin Lobo Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
Thu Oct 25 21:04:08 CEST 2007

Hi,

Is image() able to display a color composite?

I've made an 8 bit color composite (with another software), saved it as
geotif and then, in R:

t1pcs <- readGDAL("G:/PERU/imorm2007/test1TNT/PC1_3s8.tif")
image(t1pcs)

but the color table seems wrong. I've checked with other programs, i.e.,
IrfanView, and the file is correct. So I think that the problem is that
col = heat.colors(12) is set by default, and the SpatialGridDataFrame
object created by rgdal does not keep the color table.

I've also tried with a 24-bit composite, and in that case rgdal imports
as a 3-layer image.

Is there any specific way I could import the color table of the
composite image?

Thanks
--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
email: Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster