[R-sig-Geo] v.stats.rast for category raster or vector cross statistics

Agustin Lobo Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
Mon Oct 22 16:31:40 CEST 2007

Dear lists,

Given Av (vector of polygons) and Br (raster of a categorical variable,
i.e. a classification or a soil map) I want to calculate
for each polygon in Av, the surface of each category from Br.

v.stats.rast almost does it, but calculates lumped stats for each
polygon (i.e, assumes that Br is a continuous variable).

Alternatively, I could have Br as another vector Bv, but don't find
the way of calculating cross stats as r.stats -a in=Ar,Br would do for
raster layers.

Converting Av into raster Ar is inconvenient, as the polygons are few
and small and would have to use a very samll cell size (Br is large)

Any easier way through R?

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
email: Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster