[R-sig-Geo] problem loading library sp on Rpy (solved!!!)

Jorge de Jesus jorge.de-jesus at jrc.it
Fri Oct 12 09:00:11 CEST 2007

Hi to all
First I would like to thank all the replies that I had concerning the
problem of loading sp library from Rpy.

The problem with the library was caused by bad linking, so the best
solution was to reinstall R and Rpy, I followed these steps and it worked.
- Downloaded the new R-2.6.0, my previous version was 2.5.1
- R configure options: ./configure --with-gnu-ld --disable-fast-install
--enable-R-shlib --enable-BLAS-shlib
- Link from /usr/local/lib/R/lib/libR.so to /usr/local/lib and also
/usr/lib (just to be certain)
- downloaded the necessary packages
sp-0.9-14,sgeostat-1.0.21,e1071_1.5-1.6 and automap_0.4.1
- ldconfig
- Installed the packages using R CMD and not the install.packages() from
inside R
- Installed Rpy

So now my Python/Rpy can load the sp library without any problems
Thanks

--
Eng. Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus

European Commission (EC)
Joint Research Centre Directorate (DG JRC)
TP 441, Via Fermi 1
21020 Ispra (VA)
Italy

Phone: +39 0332 78 3536
Fax:   +39 0332 78 5466

http://rem.jrc.cec.eu.int

"The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European Commission"