[R-sig-Geo] interpolating presence absence data with external drift

Klaus Ecker klaus.ecker at wsl.ch
Tue Oct 9 18:26:07 CEST 2007

Hello

I want to incorporate an external trend when
interpolating binary data (presence absence data
from vegetation records). To my understanding
universal kriging does not work with binary
response data and does not apply generalized
linear models for the covariates. Does geoRglm provide these opportunities?

Kriging residuals from a deterministic model
(regression kriging) would allow for logistic
regression models to be used for the trend.
However, applications of regression kriging in
ecology are rare, especially in recent years. Is there anything wrong about it?

With logistic regression the variogramm is
commonly calculated on standardised (Pearson)
residuals. But I have never seen how to back
transform them before they are added to the
logistic trend model. Is it correct to multiply
the kriging predictions by the square root of the
variance of the response residuals?

Many thanks

Klaus

Klaus Ecker