[R-sig-Geo] R/ArcGis and R-DCOM?

paallen at attglobal.net paallen at attglobal.net
Thu Nov 29 15:39:40 CET 2007

Hi all,

I am an ArcGis and R user.  I normally just share data between the two with the old import/export game using csv, pdf, and jpg file.  Lately I have just started to looked into the R-DCOM project and the r/arcgis repository (http://perso.univ-lr.fr/csainte/recherche/rarcgis/index.html).  I am hoping to use it to streamline the sharing of data between the two easier.  Specifically I am wanting to use r for some gridding and have it save the rasters into native arcgis rasters and automatically paste histograms/ecdf graphs onto layouts and plot princomp scores.

I have tried the raster example on the r/arcgis repository page without luck.

Has anyone else tried this or something similar?

Regards,

Phillip Allen
Geochemist

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T