[R-sig-Geo] semi-transparent layer with image()

Ingo Holz Ingo.Holz at uni-hohenheim.de
Fri Nov 16 13:45:19 CET 2007

Hi,

 I have two objects of "class image" (a list of x, y, z coordinates, where z is a
matrix and x and y are row names / col names).

 I would like to overlay one of this images on top of the other. As a semi-
transparent overlay. Is this possible using function image()?

 I suppose I could set some of the z-values as NA (every second?). Could
this be a way to get a semi-transparent overlay?

  I know I could do this with a GIS or something similar...

Thank you for your help,
Ingo