[R-sig-Geo] SpatialGridDataFrame to netcdf grid

Sebastian P. Luque spluque at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 23:09:39 CET 2007

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 22:21:08 +0100 (CET),
Roger Bivand <Roger.Bivand at nhh.no> wrote:

[...]

> No, see the example in the help file. Use this function to create a
> dataset that can be created:

> xx <- create2GDAL(locs.sub.ts, drivername="GTiff")

> then copy xx:

> xxx <- copyDataset(xx, drivername="netCDF")

Thanks Roger, I understand the process a little better.  However, R simply
crashes at this copying stage with:

netcdf: 4 is not a valid cdfid

Process R exited abnormally with code 3 at Mon Nov 12 16:00:27 2007

without leaving any other trace.  It seems as if this is an issue with
gdal netcdf driver.  Googling turns up a couple of hits with this message,
but they all indicate the problem should already be fixed with the current
version of gdal in Debian unstable (the system this happens on).

--
Seb