[R-sig-Geo] spTransform, gridded

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sat Mar 24 20:27:04 CET 2007

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, Patrick Giraudoux wrote:

> Dear Listers,
>
> I am trying to convert a Gtiff object  from a coordinate system to
> another... I have tried the following:

This is warping, so in general the output will not be a regular grid. If
you need a grid, try interpolating to an empty grid in the target
projection (IDW in gstat ought to be OK if the resolutions are similar,
with a small number of neighbours). My guess is that fcLIIe is a
SpatialPoints* object, not on a regular grid.

You could use gdalwarp externally to do this, if you prefer.

Roger