[R-sig-Geo] intersection of two polygons

Sebastien Sebastien.ollier at u-psud.fr
Tue Mar 20 13:27:55 CET 2007

Dear helpers,

I need to find the intersection of two polygons. I have two overlapping
polygons and I want to find the polygon corresponding to the common
part. Is there a fonction, like unionSpatialPolygons which can do that.
I have converted my polygons to "owin" and use the function
'intersect.owin' in the pachage spatstat but it returns a binary matrice
of class "owin" or I would prefer a polygon.

Thanks for your help,

Sébastien Ollier

####    ####    ####
Sébastien Ollier
Maître de Conférences
Université Paris-Sud 11
Faculté des Sciences d'Orsay
Unité Ecologie, Systématique et Evolution
Département Biodiversité, Systématique et Evolution
UMR - 8079 UPS-CNRS-ENGREF
Bât. 360, 91405 ORSAY CEDEX
FRANCE
Tel : 33 (0) 1 69 15 56 70