[R-sig-Geo] LL to UTM

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Tue Mar 6 13:36:29 CET 2007

Gabor,

You *may* be able to accomplish this using R easily (I'm sure it's
doable), but I'm do not know how to do the conversion. I would suggest
as an alternative to do your work using GRASS GIS
(http://grass.itc.it/). R interfaces very well with GRASS and making
your LL to UTM conversion (and back) would be trivial using GRASS. You
can also use R within a GRASS session interactively or
non-interactively, embedded within a script.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,
Tom