[R-sig-Geo] Best approach to implement Spatial Interpolations

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Wed Jun 27 13:50:17 CEST 2007

Dear Cesar,

Krige, idw of predict.gstat all return objects with the prediction. You only get maps when you plot these objects. So you only need to find out how to return these objects with JRI to your GIS.

Edzer Pebesma will be best positioned to answer your question about gstat's capability on working with non-projected data.

Cheers,

Thierry

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics, methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be
www.inbo.be

Do not put your faith in what statistics say until you have carefully considered what they do not say.  ~William W. Watt
A statistical analysis, properly conducted, is a delicate dissection of uncertainties, a surgery of suppositions. ~M.J.Moroney