[R-sig-Geo] directional correlograms

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Jun 27 12:27:46 CEST 2007

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Koppel, Johan van de wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> I have a question regarding the spdep package. I want to produce
> directional (anisotropic) correlograms. Is there any way to generate
> these with spdep?
>

> I am analyzing aerial photographs of patterned ecosystems, in which the
> patterns are often directional.

It is not impossible, but is not easy either. Having generated distance
based neighbour lists, you will need to use the glist= argument to
nb2listw() to zero out neighbours in the excluded direction subset, and
getting the direction is not provided for in functions in spdep. So the
main task is to generate a 0/1 glist to express direction. Are there
direction functions that could be called in an lapply() on the neighbours
list and a coordinate matrix?

Roger