[R-sig-Geo] Linear interp irregular samples to irregular points

Tim Keitt tkeitt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 17:10:47 CEST 2007

Anyone know of code that will do bilinear interpolation from irregular
samples to another set of irregular locations (including points
possibly outside the convex hull of the original points)? Akima
interpolates to a regular grid AFAICT. I did find one package on CRAN
that does this will splines, but I want something simpler. (The
particular application requires many repeated calls.)

THK

--
Timothy H. Keitt, University of Texas at Austin
Contact info and schedule at http://www.keittlab.org/tkeitt/