[R-sig-Geo] flow visualization in lat/lon space

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Jun 1 22:31:43 CEST 2007

Hi,

I got cc'ed on this and can suggest to use GRASS 6 for this:
It's a GIS and supports vector network analysis, linear
reference system and more. I have put online a slide
of our MITRIS traffic project, done in GRASS:

http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass63/traffic/trafficmap_grass6.png
(note that forward and backward travel direction are
 treated separately!)

Vector maps you can export as SHAPE or KML.

Regards,
Markus

PS: For flows on raster maps, see for an example
    http://grass.itc.it/grass63/screenshots/raster.php