[R-sig-Geo] Adding R-square to linear regression

Andrew Niccolai andrew.niccolai at yale.edu
Fri Jul 20 14:29:37 CEST 2007

I would merely add to Rob's reply that the text line can be modified to the
following:

text(x=2,y=2, paste("R squared = ", summary(c)$r.squared, sep=""))

Does anyone know the expression function that would produce an R squared
symbol?  I tried expression(R^2) and that seems to only works correctly if
you have a follow on formula such as expression(x^2 == sum(over(x[i], n),
i==1, n).  Any ideas?

Andrew Niccolai
Doctoral Candidate
Yale School of Forestry