[R-sig-Geo] Cell Declustering

Edzer J. Pebesma e.pebesma at geo.uu.nl
Tue Jul 10 22:27:54 CEST 2007

Stefano, sorry for my rudeness to forward your private reply to r-sig-geo.

A quick and dirty answer would be to work with grids, and e.g. retain a
single value in each grid cell.  Does anyone more familiar with the
point pattern theory know of a more elegant way that does not need all
kind of ad hoc grid choices? I believe the problem is thinning of a data
set in areas where data are redundant.
--
Edzer