[R-sig-Geo] Reading text files in Spatstat

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Tue Jul 3 17:43:18 CEST 2007

I've found your problem. Test must be a matrix and you probably have a
data.frame.
I hope you see the importance of a reproducibel example of your code.
You MUST define the data too.

This works.

> test <- matrix(runif(20, 0, 10), ncol = 2)
> as.ppp(test,c(0,10,0,10),fatal=TRUE)
 planar point pattern: 10 points
window: rectangle = [0, 10] x [0, 10] units

This doesn't work.

> test <- data.frame(test)
> as.ppp(test,c(0,10,0,10),fatal=TRUE)
Error in as.ppp.default(test, c(0, 10, 0, 10), fatal = TRUE) :
        Can't interpret X as a point pattern

Cheers,

Thierry

----
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be
www.inbo.be

Do not put your faith in what statistics say until you have carefully
considered what they do not say.  ~William W. Watt
A statistical analysis, properly conducted, is a delicate dissection of
uncertainties, a surgery of suppositions. ~M.J.Moroney