[R-sig-Geo] Reading text files in Spatstat

Taylor, RB rbt501 at york.ac.uk
Tue Jul 3 14:13:49 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I have x,y data with an associated mark. Is there a simple way of
getting Spatstat to read this data? I have tried putting the x, y data
in separate columns in Excel and ignoring the marks, saving it as a
tab-delim text file (called "test"). However the as.ppp function fails
to convert it into a ppp object.

 > test <- read.table("C:/temp/Rtest.txt")
 > as.ppp(test)
Error in as.ppp.default(test) : Can't interpret X as a point pattern

Perhaps someone can answer my simple question and tell me what I am
doing wrong?

Thanks,
Rob