[R-sig-Geo] test the OLS presumption by a GWR model?

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sat Jan 27 22:11:53 CET 2007

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Marco Helbich wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> i have calculated a GWR model and concerning to this, i have a question:
> should i test the 'local' gwr output with the standard 'global' test
> procedures of a OLS model (e.g. Breusch-Pagan-Test)? If yes, which one?

The authors of the GWR book suggest some tests, but since Wheeler &
Tiefelsdorf (2005) in Journal of Geographical Systems, I would suggest
that caution in inference from standard (non-Bayesian) GWR is sensible.
You could do BP tests on each iteration if the tests are well-defined for
weighted regression. Most tests are however not set up to do this, for
example bptest in the lmtest package has no weights= argument.

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no