[R-sig-Geo] gwr error

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Jan 26 14:57:44 CET 2007

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Jason Kreitler wrote:

> all,
> when running gwr i get the following error if i have fit points (either
> SpatialPoints or a grid) included in the analysis, but i do not get the
> error and the gwr routine runs when fit points are excluded. i don't
> understand this but i think the problem is in my dataset, not the fit
> points. could someone offer a suggestion based on the error below? i am
> reading in the data via the readShapePoints command in Maptools.
>
>  >Error in validityMethod(object) : number of rows in data.frame and
> SpatialPoints don't match

Yes, but since there is no context here, I can't tell. What is the context
of the error message (verbatim)? What does traceback() say immediately
after the error? Do you know that the objects being input in the gwr()
call are what you think they are? Are you setting mutually contradictory
arguments?

If need be, can you make your data objects available by save() as an
.RData file? This is assuming you don't want to debug() gwr yourself to
see where your assumptions and the code are misunderstanding each other?

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no