[R-sig-Geo] Marginless plot output for georegistration of output graphics

David Forrest drf5n at maplepark.com
Wed Jan 17 20:16:27 CET 2007

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007, Roger Bivand wrote:
>> What do I need to to do turn the key off for spplot(SpatialPointsData) ?
>
> I can't see it, I thought it might be auto.ket=FALSE, but it doesn't seem
> to be that. To be honest, I would feel more comfortable with base
> graphics and setting my own class intervals and colours. Lattice graphics
> seem more worth the trouble when conditioning, which isn't the case here.

Hmm.  I was thinking that the spplot() was the best-practices method for
spatial data.

> The aspect doesn't seem happy yet, and for NA and projected CRS, you get
> "iso" back instead of the aspect from mapasp.

Is this a criticism of spplot() or the resultant png from the previous?

I've been working on a toGoogleEarth(spDf,zcol,title,filename) function
with someone off-list that writes a png and its KML file.  It seems to
be working pretty well, and I'll see if he thinks its ready for sharing.

Dave
--
  Dr. David Forrest
  drf at vims.edu                                    (804)684-7900w