[R-sig-Geo] reading a gps from R

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Sun Jan 14 18:05:09 CET 2007

Sorry to answer to myself. I have found a solution for the 2nd question:
from R within windows the gps can be read with:

shell("gpsbabel -w -i garmin -f com4: -o openoffice -F \"wpt.txt\"")

The 1th question about reading the gps data directly to an R object
unstead of a text file is still unanswered...

Cheers,

Patrick