[R-sig-Geo] Line colours when plotting SpatialPolygons

Rob Robinson rob.robinson at bto.org
Tue Feb 20 13:01:03 CET 2007

OK, I give up! I am trying to plot a SpatialPolygonsDataFrame (actually a
part of a world map with simple country outlines). For presentational
reasons I would like these outlines to be something other than black. I can
easily change line width etc, but can't figure out the plot argument to
change the colour. All the documentation I have looked at implies "col="
ought to do it, but this sets the foreground fill colour. What have I
missed?
Many thanks for any pointers
Best wishes
rob

*** Want to know about Britain's birds? Try  www.bto.org/birdfacts ***

Dr Rob Robinson, Senior Population Biologist
British Trust for Ornithology, The Nunnery, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 2PU
Ph: +44 (0)1842 750050         E: rob.robinson at bto.org
Fx: +44 (0)1842 750030         W: http://www.bto.org
eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content (!)

==== "How can anyone be enlightened, when truth is so poorly lit" =====