[R-sig-Geo] Any example using UMN Mapserver with R

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Wed Feb 7 09:49:02 CET 2007

Dear Hisaji,

You can link MapServer and R by using MapServer in mapscript mode. The
next step would be to find an extension that links R to this the
programming language of your choice (Python, Perl, php). I myself use
Python (www.python.org) in combination with the rpy extension
(http://rpy.sourceforge.net/). Rpy allows R functions to be called from
within a python script. I haven't tried this combination of
MapServer/Python/R myself and do not know what is possible and what not,
but is certainly worthwhile to give it a try.

hth,

Paul

Hisaji ONO schreef:
> Hello.
>
>  UMN Mapserver is one of most famous Open Source Web GIS
> Engine.
>
>  Is there any example combine this with R for spatial data
> mining etc?
>

>  Regards.

Drs. Paul Hiemstra
Department of Physical Geography