[R-sig-Geo] CVS checkout instructions out of date at http://r-spatial.sourceforge.net/

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Feb 5 09:17:16 CET 2007

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007, Virgilio Gómez-Rubio wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> My setting to connect to the CVS are:
>
> export CVSROOT=":ext:vir at r-spatial.cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/r-spatial"
> export CVS_RSH=ssh
>

> You will need to change the server to r-spatial.cvs.sf.net. I do not
> know why, but it works.

The reason is that Sourceforge split out projects into separate addresses
last year to aid administration. I have updated the information on the
website, and added notes where appropriate that the old R repository on
sourceforge is now no longer updated, because the packages kept there are
all included in rgdal, maptools, or spgrass6 on CRAN.

Thanks for pointing out the lapse.

Roger