[R-sig-Geo] Small Area Estimation with R (Request for Comments)

Virgilio Gómez-Rubio v.gomezrubio at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 2 23:05:43 CET 2007

Dear all,

First of all, apologies if I am making a wrong use of this list,
but we have been working on a package to implement EBLUP and Spatial
EBLUP estimators (code provided by Nicola Salvati) for Small Area
Estimation and we would like to announce it in this list. The package
itself contains a few functions but we have included a vignette that, we
hope, is a good starting point to Small Area Estimation with R and can
be used for teaching purposes (for example).

The package (source and Windows binary), can be downloaded from:

http://www.bias-project.org.uk/software/

and the vignette is here:

http://www.bias-project.org.uk/software/SAE.pdf

Any comments and feedback will be very welcome.

Best regards,

Virgilio