[R-sig-Geo] Am i misusing the shift() option in elide(maptools) function?

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Dec 10 08:24:28 CET 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, zhijie zhang wrote:

> Let me know if the new version of maptools was available. I was waiting to
> use it.

The 0.7-2 source is on CRAN and will move to mirrors when they update.
Neither Windows nor OSX binaries have updated on CRAN yet, but should do
so during 10 December (CET and EST I think).

A word of thanks to Kurt Hornik at CRAN, who with helpers not only
publishes all the 1000+ packages on CRAN, but also checks them first
across a range of platforms. The speed of response of the CRAN team is one
of the reasons for making it easy for package maintainers to deal with
bugs quickly. Thanks also to Uwe Ligges for the Windows binary package
builds, and to Simon Urbanek for the very complicated OSX binary package
builds.

Roger

> Thanks.
>
> On Dec 10, 2007 1:34 AM, Roger Bivand <Roger.Bivand at nhh.no> wrote:
>
>>  On Sun, 9 Dec 2007, zhijie zhang wrote:
>>
>>> Dear friends,
>>>  I used the shift() option in elide(maptools) function to shift the x/y
>>> coordiates, but it seemed that it didn't change the coordinates.
>>> #Programs used by me
>>> library(sp)
>>> library(foreign)
>>> library(maptools)
>>>
>>> data(meuse)  #in the help page
>>> coordinates(meuse) <- c("x", "y")
>>> proj4string(meuse) <- CRS("+init=epsg:28992")

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no