[R-sig-Geo] How to obtain a .asc object with the predictions of a model

Núria Roura nrouraonline at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:10:31 CET 2007

Dear,

I'm using the package adehabitat in R to import several .asc files (=matrix),
and also create a kasc object (=dataframe) with all of them.

The main idea is to use this kasc object to project a climate-matching model,
which has been developed a prioriy using a reduced set of the overall pixels
conforming the .asc files.

However, I don't know how to proceed: Do I have to project the model (already
stored in R) onto the kasc object directly, or convert the kasc object to a
data frame where each row refers to a pixel?

On the other hand, I would also like to know how to obtain the XY coordinates
for each row of the kasc object.

Thank you very much. Cheers,

Núria Roura