[R-sig-Geo] center of gravity

Rick Reeves reeves at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Aug 31 20:33:46 CEST 2007

Hi: look for Centroid calculations:

 >help.search("centroid") will show:

Help files with alias or concept or title matching 'centroid' using
fuzzy matching:

apply.polygon(maps)                        Polygon functions
get.Pcent(maptools)                        Polygon centroids
calcCentroid(PBSmapping)                   Calculate the Centroids of
Polygons
centroid.owin(spatstat)                    Centroid of a window
affinexy(spatstat)                         Internal spatstat functions

I suspect that the best one for your case would be centroid.owin, since
it has the most
straightforward input data requirements.

Hope this helps,
Rick Reeves

--
Rick Reeves