[R-sig-Geo] Can anybody tell me where i can find the theoretical explanations on density.ppp(spatstat)?

adrian at maths.uwa.edu.au adrian at maths.uwa.edu.au
Wed Aug 15 09:10:22 CEST 2007

Zhijie Zhang writes:

> density.ppp(spatstat) computes a kernel smoothed intensity of point
> pattern,

> I'm new on it, can anybody tell me where i can find the theoretical
> explanations on the method of density.ppp(spatstat), or send me a paper on
> it?

---
See any textbook on spatial point pattern analysis,
or the following:

@article{digg85,
  author =	 {Diggle, P.J.},
  title =	 {A kernel method for smoothing point process data},
  journal =	 {Applied Statistics (Journal of the Royal Statistical
Society, series C},
  year =	 {1985},
  volume =	 {34},
  pages =	 {138--147}
}

@Book{digg03,
  author =	 {Diggle, P.J.},
  title =	 {Statistical Analysis of Spatial Point Patterns},
  publisher =	 {Arnold},
  year =	 2003,
  edition =	 {Second}
}

@Book{stoystoy95,
  author =	 {D. Stoyan and H. Stoyan},
  title =	 {Fractals, Random Shapes and Point Fields},
  publisher =	 wiley,
  address =	 {Chichester},
  year =	 1995
}