[R-sig-Geo] spgpc package?

Felix Andrews felix at nfrac.org
Thu Aug 9 05:25:33 CEST 2007

Hmm

I'm trying to work with gpclib, converting to and from the sp classes.
I don't know what is/was in the package spgpc, but it is no longer
available:
> install.packages("spgpc", repos=rSpatial)
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://r-spatial.sourceforge.net/R/bin/windows/contrib/2.5

The page http://r-spatial.sourceforge.net/xtra/xtra.RHnw.html says:
"the functionality described here has been included in packages rgdal,
naptools, and spgrass6, now all on CRAN. This page is maintained for
documentary purposes only, and most of the examples shown here are the
examples used in the released packages."

where i'm guessing "naptools" should be "maptools".
But I can not find a method to coerce between "gpc.poly" and
"Polygons" classes. Not that it is difficult to manually... just
wondering.

Felix

--
Felix Andrews / 安福立
PhD candidate
xmpp:foolish.android at gmail.com
3358 543D AAC6 22C2 D336  80D9 360B 72DD 3E4C F5D8