[R-sig-Geo] quadrat.test()

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Apr 5 13:32:44 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, emason wrote:

> Hello,  I stumbled upon an respones you write regarding the quadrat()
> function in R.  I have been manhandling it all day and I still cannot
> get quadrat() or quadrat.test() to work for me.  I keep getting this
> errror:
>
> Error in quadrat.count.engine(X$x, X$y, b$xbreaks, b$ybreaks) :
>          xbreaks do not span the actual range of x coordinates in data
>
> Does this mean anything to you?  I am at a total loss.

Please always include the command giving the error message in your
posting, otherwise we have to guess.

Looking at the code and ?quadrat.test, and trying:

data(simdat)
simdat
quadrat.test(simdat)

works, but if xbreaks= is set outside x's range:

quadrat.test(simdat, xbreaks=seq(-10,0,1))

your error appears. So you are setting an inappropriate xbreaks= argument,
or possibly have an inappropriate window in your ppp object.