[R-sig-Geo] Duttileul's method

W. Daniel Kissling kissling at uni-mainz.de
Wed Apr 4 08:49:19 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I am currently looking for a possibility to calculate the geographically effective
degrees of freedom of a (non-spatial ordinary least squares) regression model in the
presence of spatial autocorrelation within a gridded dataset. My regression model has
spatial autocorrelation in the residuals (indicated by Moran's I values) but I do not
want to use a spatial model (e.g. errorsarlm in package spdep). Instead, I would like
to calculate the significance tests of my (non-spatial) regression model using the
reduced degrees of freedom. I know that there is the Duttileul's method (Duttileul
1993) in other software packages which does exactly this. Is there anything
comparable in R? Is there a function in the spdep (or any other) package which
allows this to be computed?

I am very happy to get feedback.

Best regards
Daniel

W. Daniel Kissling
Community & Macroecology Group
Institut für Zoologie, Abteilung Ökologie
Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
D-55099 Mainz, Germany

Tel. +49 (0)6131 3925200
Fax +49 (0)6131 3923731