[R-sig-Geo] (no subject)

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Sep 27 09:59:28 CEST 2006

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Edzer J. Pebesma wrote:

> Jacques,
>
> the projection functions are now in package rgdal which is on CRAN so
> should have Mac binaries. Look for the function spTransform.

Sorry, no automatic OSX binaries, because of dependence on external
libraries PROJ.4 and GDAL. Mac OSX installation is carried out from the
source package, details in the section of the Rgeo website describing
rgdal:

http://www.sal.uiuc.edu/tools/tools-sum/rgeo/rgeo-detail/map-packages-on-cran

Thanks to Uwe Ligges, we have Windows binaries, but after discussions with
the OSX maintainers, we found that with multiple architectures and 64/32
bit issues, Mac OSX should be treated like Linux/Unix for rgdal -
installed from source respecting the installed external dependencies.

Roger