[R-sig-Geo] rgdal on Mac OS X 3.9

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Sep 8 09:12:07 CEST 2006

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Jonathan Boyd Thayn wrote:

> I am trying to install the rgdal package on my Mac OS X 3.9.  I have
> installed the proj4 library and the GDAL library.  I get the following
> error:  How do I know where the GDAL libraries are located?  What is
> their path?  Thanks.

Could an OSX user please reply with help on how to find GDAL? Could
someone also comment on the viability of this OS version?

We have had user reports of success building rgdal from source on OSX, but
I don't think the specific OS version(s) used are known - could OSX users
please reply to this thread so that the list archives have a body of
experience about this, please? The same applies to the way(s) in which
GDAL and PROJ.4 were installed.

Roger