[R-sig-Geo] merging tables by columns AND row names (coordinates)

Michael Sumner mdsumner at utas.edu.au
Fri Sep 8 00:26:42 CEST 2006

Hello, I can think of a couple of simple-minded approaches that would
take some time - either relying on direct string-matching for the unique
coordinates, or by some contrived overlay.

However, there's probably far better approaches - a couple of questions:

Can you predefine the set of all unique coordinates without reading all
the tables from file?
 - if so you might simplify the identification of each individual
coordinate, for matching the records

Are the coordinates (intended to be) on a regular grid?  (This seems
unlikely, although it is nearly true given your X coordinates).

Cheers, Mike.