[R-sig-Geo] help on programing

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Jun 16 18:10:22 CEST 2006

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006, zhijie zhang wrote:

> Dear friends,
>   I want to finish the following task, hope someone to give the R
> programs,thanks.

Could I ask for a little clarification?

> *step1*: Generate a planar x(0,100)*y(0,100) ;

This is a 0,100 by 0,100 square, right?

> *step2*: Divide the planar into 100 grids,either use the number of grids or
> use the coordinates of x/y;(like gridpts(poly,npts,xs,ys)
> #gridpts(splancs),)

How many grid cells do you need, 100 or 100 by 100?, that is npts=100 or
xs=100,ys=100?

> *step3*: generate the spatial points with autocorrelation, and link points
> with the grid center;

Are the points from a point process model, in which case do you want
clustered or regular? And if so, do you want to assign them to the grid
cells (I think so)?

Roger