[R-sig-Geo] Install problem with 'sp'

Matt Moehr mmoehr at ssc.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 13 19:00:08 CEST 2006

I have always used the R spatial packages on my home computer.  I wanted
to use them on my department's server, but of course you can't install
packages to the local directories.  I thought I could download the
necessary packages into my directory and use the lib.loc option in
library().  Everything was going smoothly until I got to the 'sp' package:

 > library(sp, lib.loc="w:/R_Packages")
Error in load(dataFile, ns) : ReadItem: unknown type 241
In addition: Warning message:
package 'sp' was built under R version 2.3.0
Error: unable to load R code in package 'sp'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'sp'

The R version on the server is 2.2.1 and the 'sp' version is 0.8-14.
Anyone know any conflicts or problems with the package?  By the way, my
ultimate goal is just to use the globalG.test() in 'spdep' so I would be
open to workarounds that didn't require 'sp'.  Thanks for your time.

Matt Moehr

-----------------------------------
Matthew J Moehr
mmoehr at ssc.wisc.edu