[R-sig-Geo] selection of data subsets in spatial classes

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Jun 9 10:11:27 CEST 2006

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 karl.sommer at dpi.vic.gov.au wrote:

> after some fiddling with the GridTopology() method I eventually succeeded
> in making it work and now can interpolate onto the grid.
>
> Tremendous, thanks.

Good

> One problem I encountered when specifying a number smaller than 1 for the
> cellsize argument eg. c(0.5, 0.5) instead of c(1,1),  I get erroneous
> results.
>
> grd <- GridTopology(c(617400, 6190060), c(1,1), c(400, 300))

I think this is a matter of screen representation:

coordinates(GridTopology(c(617400, 6190060), c(0.5,0.5), c(4, 3)))

looks wrong, but

print(coordinates(GridTopology(c(617400, 6190060), c(0.5,0.5), c(4, 3))),
  digits=10)

shows that the coordinate values were been rounded for display (is that
what you are seeing?)

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no