[R-sig-Geo] ? model evaluation error

Brian Rubineau brubineau at sloan.mit.edu
Thu Jun 8 21:28:59 CEST 2006

Dear spdep sages,
I am a new R user, and very new spdep user, and am receiving
an error message (below) that to me is inscrutable.

Error in if (attr(vlist, "mode") != "binary") stop("Not yet able to subset
general weights lists") :
        argument is of length zero

I'm trying to estimate a model where the network
effects are in disturbances to the errors.

my command line looks so:
disturbeffect.01=errorsarlm(resp_var~predictor_vars,,my.listw,na.action=na.omit,zero.policy=TRUE)

(my network has some nodes without neighbors, and my predictor_vars have some
NAs - but the model formula runs fine within lm() .)

I tried the same arguments for lagsarlm() and received the exact same error.
I've looked through the spdep manual, and all I can find is that
"mode" can be an argument in a "vector()" command, but do not know
how this relates to my specification of my model.

I'm attaching my listw type list, in case this is of help.
Thank you for your assistance,

Brian

--
Brian Rubineau                             PhD Candidate, Organization Studies
brubineau at sloan.mit.edu                         MIT Sloan School of Management