[R-sig-Geo] Line width in sp maps

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Jul 4 18:49:39 CEST 2006

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006, Vladimir Batagelj wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to change the line width in (shape) maps
> produced using sp package, but without success.
> All my attempts with lwd parameter failed.
> I found a brute force solution to save the map in
> EPS and change the linewidth there - but I would
> expect that there is a regular solution.

Please include at least an indication of which functions you are using.
The following for SpatialLines objects does work:

library(sp)
SLDF <- contourLines2SLDF(contourLines(volcano))
length(slot(SLDF, "lines"))
plot(SLDF, lwd=1:10)

and this works for SpatialPolygons:

grd <- GridTopology(c(1,1), c(1,1), c(10,10))
polys <- as.SpatialPolygons.GridTopology(grd)
plot(polys, lwd=3)

both for base graphics. Are you using spplot()?

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no