[R-sig-Geo] envi clone in R

Tim Keitt tkeitt at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 8 22:13:44 CET 2006

Barry,

I hope you will share your code! We've been using QGIS and I have in
mind just such an interface to R.

We have ENVI in the lab and it is very powerful for image processing. It
would take many many person years to reproduce all of the advanced
algorithms in that package. (It does a lot of simple operations as well
and those could easily be recoded in R.)

THK