[R-sig-Geo] how is variance defined in krige {gstats}

Alexander.Herr at csiro.au Alexander.Herr at csiro.au
Thu Dec 7 07:36:29 CET 2006

Hi all,

from what I could devine (with the help of collegues) out of the gstat
documentation (should have looked at www.gstat.org earlier...) the
kriging variance (var1.var) is the kriging standard error ^2.

I am still trying to get Chiles (1999) as it will be able to enlighten
me on other things. Thanks Paul.

Cheers Herry

Dr Alexander Herr
Spatial and statistical analyst