[R-sig-Geo] Example of universal kriging with R/gstat in GRASS needed

Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Fri Apr 28 03:03:58 CEST 2006

Roger,

Thanks for the help! I can try this tomorrow.

What do the data look like? Do you have temperature and elevation at the observation points
and elevation over
the grid? <==== This is exactly what I have; but I have a question: the elevation values I
have associated with
the point locations and temperatures are different from those for the grid elevations. The
point elevation values
are 'exact' whereas the grid elevations are spatial averages. Does this matter in the
interpolation process -- it
seems there would be numerical problems?

If temperature is the variable for which you want to interpolate (**YES**), then the formula
argument in the
gstat() function would be temp ~ elev, data=pointsdata... <==== this looks like what I need
to do...

I'll let you know tomorrow morning when I get to work.

Thanks so much!

Tom