[R-sig-Geo] Moran's I vs. spatial rho

Larry Layne ljlayne at unm.edu
Thu Apr 13 18:33:54 CEST 2006

> The relevant question would be why you expect them to be the same, when
> they are esimated using different techniques? ...

Apparently I have had a misconception rattling around in my head regarding
estimates using the 2 approaches.

Let's see if I have misconceived this next question also. I had assumed
that if I used the row stochastic connectivity definition for polygons in
an SAR model (Y = pWY + XB + e) that the rho estimates would be constrained
between +1 and -1, similar to a Pearson correlation coefficient. Is this
incorrect?

Larry Layne
ljlayne at unm.edu