[R-sig-Geo] interpolation in R

ernesto ernesto at ipimar.pt
Tue Apr 4 11:57:59 CEST 2006

Csima Gabriella wrote:

>Dear Everyone!
>I am a meteorologist in Hungary and a beginner of using R. I would need a
>function in R that can interpolate data from irregular places
>(meteorological stations) to regular places (gridpoints). If you know this
>kind of function, write me the name of the function and its library.
>Thanks very much in advance!
>Gabriella Csima
>csima.g at met.hu

Hi Gabriella,

There's a lot of functions doing it in R (as usual ...).

I guess the simplest one is "interp" from "akima" package but you can
take a look at http://r-spatial.sourceforge.net/ for more info on
spatial stats with R.

One way to look for functions is with the RSiteSearch() function. Try
RSiteSearch("interpolation") within your R section.

Regards

EJ