[R-sig-Geo] Question:manipulating spatial data using combination of Maptools and Splancs

kostas karis kostaskaris at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 20 11:08:41 CEST 2005

Roger hi,
First of all, i finally made the code ran thanks to your advices.Thank u
very much.U are right that i need the coastline only for display and
specifically, i need only the mainland as my main objective is to find, if
there is, a correlation between seismicity and rainfall (hydrologically
induced earthquakes).The thing is that the coastline of Greece is very
fragmented, not solid as France or Spain for example.So , by default i have
to use a polygon with more than one ring. Do you suggest that this is a task
that cannot be done with R?
I have read the latest R news and i have checked the sslib.I think it 'll be
of some use along the way. Thanks again for the tip!

K.