[R-sig-Geo] ChangeLog for maptools 0.5-2

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Sep 16 08:48:58 CEST 2005

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Susumu Tanimura wrote:

> Dear Roger Bivand,
>
> Thank you for maintaining maptools.
>
> No changelog of 0.5-2 was given when
> > maptools(TRUE).

Sorry, I'll put it in, but it won't appear until 0.5-3:

0.5-2	The suggested dependency on splancs has been removed, and the
dotsInPolys() and symbolsInPolys() function have been re-written to use
sample.Polygons() from sp. Because sp respects holes, users may find that
if polygon rings are taken (wrongly) to be holes, they will not receive
any dots/symbols. The examples on the help pages show how to use wrapper
package spgpc from the r-spatial repository to remedy this. Also the lwd=
argument is now passed through in plot.Map().

Nice to know that you are keeping an eye on me!

Best wishes,

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no