[R-sig-Geo] 3D map

White.Denis at epamail.epa.gov White.Denis at epamail.epa.gov
Sun Oct 30 20:45:29 CET 2005

As with any graphic technique, the utility and appropriateness depend on
the objective of the presentation.  Showing polygons in persective
according to some attribute is certainly not inherently a bad idea.
Here are a couple of examples from experimental GIS software develped in
the 1970s.  ESRI's 3D Analyst has these capabilities and there are
examples of that software on the web.

Denis White
   US EPA, 200 SW 35th St, Corvallis, Oregon, 97333 USA
   voice: 541.754.4476, email: white.denis at epa.gov
   web: www.epa.gov/wed/pages/staff/white/

(See attached file: example1.prism.jpg)(See attached file:
example2.prism.jpg)